Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Oldtimer visiting Pt Augusta



A little while back, we got an overnight visit from a Douglas DC3 on an outback tour. There were about 20 passengers (I didn't count them, but they had a LOT of luggage), on a "round-Australia" trip that took about a month to complete. Not all the passengers did the full trip as it cost around $25,000 EACH (including all accommodation and expenses). They all seemed to be enjoying themselves and the old Gooney bird was in great condition. It also sounded marvelous!! However, I couldn't convince the crew to let me have a circuit - maybe next time....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You couldn't talk them into giving you at go at her huh? You must be losing your touch.

LeeAnn said...

Hey, that looks like the planes I usd to fly in all the time? DOes that mean I am old? haha