Monday, September 06, 2010

Here she is!

Ok, after all these months of anticipation, we finally got to see, and fly, our aeroplane today. This isn't the first aeroplane I've flown that is new, but it certainly is the most exciting journey and most satisfying trip I've done - so far.

You'll note that the final assembly hall at Pilatus is HUGE, made of envionmentally friendly materials, neatly arranged, and spotless. I would feel comfortable eating my lunch from the floor! No, I don't want to, but I would if I had to.

The building is heated by a circulating hot water system mounted in the rafters, but there is no air conditioning in the entire building, including the offices as that would not be "green". Instead, they have built the offices on the northern side of the building (overlooking the factory proper), to keep them somewhat isolated from the sun, and huge fans circulate the air in the building. We found it entirely comfortable, although the humidity level is a little higher than we're used to.

No comments: